In this post, I wanted to share one of my favorite stews for this time of year. It's full of flavor, and your home will smell amazing once the ingredients begin to cook. Enjoy!
8 HRS 20 MINUTES
2 pounds of stew beef
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 white potatoes chopped
2 purple potatoes chopped
1/2 cups mixed carrots or 3 medium carrots cut
1 medium onion chopped
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1 cup of bold red wine (ex: Cabernet Sauvignon)
2 cups of low sodium beef broth
3 cloves of garlic minced
6 sprigs of fresh cut thyme diced
3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning Mix 1.5 oz (Order Here!)
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons of oil
1. In a large bowl, season beef with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste, and toss in all-purpose flour. Set aside.
2. Take a large nonstick skillet, and heat up 2 tablespoons of oil. Add garlic once oil is up to temperature and sauté until light brown. Add beef and cook until beef begins to turn brown and stir occasionally. Remove skillet from heat, and transfer to your slow cooker.
3. Add your chopped ingredients to your slow cooker, which should include: white potatoes, purple potatoes, carrots, onion, and thyme.
4. Return your nonstick skillet to the heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once oil is warm, add tomato paste, red wine, beef broth, some flour, salt, pepper, and whisk until ingredients come to a slight simmer. Once mixture comes to a slight simmer, add this to your slow cooker.
5. To top off your slow cooker mixture, add one packet of McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning Mix, and stir ingredients to combine. Cover your slow cooker, turn your heat to the low setting, and allow to cook for 8 hours ~ until vegetables are tender.
6. Once your stew is complete, serve in a bowl and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.